This hotel is located a bit far from the centre of Luxor. The grounds are very nice especially as it is overlooking the nile and so great for sunsets from the many sunloungers spread around its gardens.It has many rooms and most have a balcony overlooking the gardens which is great for sitting outdoors. The breakfast is so-so and though adequate is not impressive. Although it has a terrace, it is difficult sitting out due to the may flies and birds swooping down, unless one of the group stays behind to deter them. The hotel has a twice daily shuttle, bus and boat ( each once in the morning and once in the afternoon), but the times are not convenient to enable you to take one trip out spend a few hours in Luxor, and then get a return trip. Both go to and leave from Sofitel Winter Palace, Luxor. The taxi from Luxor airport takes about 20min and should be about 40LE. Couple of restaurants in Karnak town about 15mins walk.
- Follow goantolondon on WordPress.com
Follow goantolondon on TwitterMy Tweets
Connect with us via Instagram
There was an error retrieving images from Instagram. An attempt will be remade in a few minutes.
Like goantolondon on Facebook
Competition related links – check them outCOMPETITION closes 11.10.2017 at midnight London GMT Win a pair of tickets to UK Rum Fest 2017 a Rafflecopter giveaway https://widget-prime.rafflecopter.com/launch.js ... what are you waiting for, enter now!!! (You can enter once a day too.)
Disclaimer – Editorial ControlThe goantolondon team retains full editorial control over all our posts.
We are part of The Blogger Programme – working with Brands and PR’s
Tabl – We are a Community Founder
We are listed on Leaderboarded Top 1000+ Travel Blogs!
We are part of Travel Massive
We are part of Travel Link Up
- The awesome Elmore Jam’s Italian supperclub at Spianata Bakery, London Bridge! … Have you got your tickets for this weekend?
- The surprising thing you should be pairing with your Comte cheese this Christmas (hint: its not chutney!)
- The best gelato outside Italy!
- Learning to bake koláčes and the perfect drink pairing with Budweiser Budvar!
- Instant no cook satay sauce ft Lee Kum Kee, PipandNut+a secret ingredient