A light coconut sponge cake soaked in a coconut rum and lime juice and topped with a lime cream.
A wonderfully light but memorable dessert to end a meal or picnic outdoors during the summer months.
200g caster sugar
200g self-raising flour
200g fresh grated coconut (or desiccated coconut)
6 medium free-range eggs
100ml coconut rum
150ml double cream
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C / 150°C fan assisted oven.
2. Beat butter & sugar together until fluffy & pale.
3. Add the coconut, zest of 2 limes & beaten eggs slowly into the mix.
4. Fold in the flour & pour into 8 ramekins.
5. Bake for 17-20 mins until cake stick draws out clean. Cool on rack. Pour over mixture of juice of 2 limes & coconut rum evenly over all ramekins.
6. Mix double cream, juice & zest of 2 limes. Divide topping between ramekins. Decorate each with lime zest and serve.